Sunday, July 27, 2014

Etched Glass, A building and The Battlestar Pegasus

Wow, crazy times.  And I just had a power failure... so it gets even crazier.

Just wanted to share what I have been working on lately, and by lately I mean the last two days.  With work, traveling to Hawaii (for work) and a myriad of other things, I have been not as busy as I want to be lately.  I also have to admit that I have been working more on the model railroad lately too.  Resurrected that blog too...  But I'm trying to get back to the 40k stuff!...  Here are some projects that came in lately...


First up, my air etched glass.  The logo was a one-off stencil that my wife drew up for me.  I used my new air eraser brush from Master (link to amazon here).  I think it came out very nice.  It's the logo of my space marine chapter.  (But I have to admit, I'm getting all Orky over here...).

I used the aluminum oxide powder that came with it to etch the glass.  This is my very first effort ever, and I think it came out pretty well, for the first try ;)

You have to turn the air pressure up pretty high to get this to work, and I was afraid it might peel up the frisket, but it didn't budge at all, even at 60 psi.

So, I guess I know what everyone is getting for Christmas around here ;)


Next up, was the painting of the Battlestar Pegasus.  I know, I know, it was the Battelstar Galactica that got all famous.  But I liked the old storyline with Commander Kaine and the Pegasus, so mine is the Pegasus... Only things left are the engines, decals and clear coating...




And last but not least, The building I built so long ago is finally getting some love.

Here it is, all grey coated.  I have to say I got motivated by Duncan Rhodes' video on painting buildings, so I am going to try his methods.


   The building is pinned at each level, so that I can use the floors individually or gang it all up into one big ruined building.  Still thinking about whether or not to add a base to the bottom.   Later today the wash goes on.  Looking forward to trying my new mix of Payne's Gray wash.  Hope it works :)

  That's all for today, see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, positive or negative. I am a big boy, I can handle it. Thanks for your thoughts, always much appreciated.