Thursday, December 6, 2007

WInd and Weather

Wow, a light trailer (4000 pound load) and STRONG winds outside of Flagstaff, Az made for a VERY white knuckle trip.  I did learn something interesting though.  The wind is just as nasty if you’re driving at 45mph or 65mph.  Robert had a great time watching me fight back the panic that comes with a 70 foot monster weaving all over the road.  Luckily he was filled with comments about how this was nothing, and we really needed to press on.  He was right, of course, as he always is.  You just have to keep the beast between the lines and press on.


Hell of a learning experience, I have to admit.  As the weather gets worse, I’m gonna have to get a grip and just drive the damn thing.  We’ll see what happens in the first snowstorm!

I learned that Volvo trucks have crappy headlights, I mean crappy.  They barely light up 75 feet ahead of the truck.  The brights are great, but you can’t just blind everyone in the other lane just to feel comfortable.  Oh well, live and learn.  Maybe when I get my own truck, it’ll be a Freightliner.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, away we go....   (Winter storm warnings in effect...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, positive or negative. I am a big boy, I can handle it. Thanks for your thoughts, always much appreciated.