Friday, November 16, 2007

My kingdom for a truck...

Hurry up and wait... I thought I left that behind when I left the military.  Evidently not.  By 0930 I was an employee of the company, had gotten my fuel/ATM/pay/phone card and my driver ID number.  All I had to do now was go downstairs to the training office and get a trainer.  So easily said...



Alas, such was not to be the case.  No trainers are available here in Oklahoma City, and in fact, my trainer should be someone from Colton, California!  Oh well.  The sad part is, my training coordinator in Chattanooga took the afternoon off!  The great folks here in OKC tried like hell to get me hooked up (Thanks Debbie!!) but it just wasn’t going to happen.  Debbie hated the idea of sending me home, but it was either send me home or sit me in the hotel till Tuesday.  Needless to say, the idea of going home appealed to me.  So, after another 2 hours of waiting for the shuttle bus, I was renting a car (Faster than a bus, but they will only credit me the cost of the bus ticket...  As if I cared, the idea that they will cover that much is great!).

The drive from OKC to home was pretty uneventful, 8.5 hours of just hammer down.  Actually, not true, I drove no more that 3mph over the speed limit, professional driver you know, can’t get tickets.  Got home at about 0030, talked to Pam a long while (Surprising how much you miss talking in person :) and off to bed, for 12 hours...

So, here I wait, surprising Pam by coming home and making Xena a very happy dog.  Even though it’s going to cost me $500, I am definitely going to take her with me in the truck!  She’s going to have a blast!  (Xena, that is... the dog.)

So, we wait for Sunday/Monday to find out my fate..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, positive or negative. I am a big boy, I can handle it. Thanks for your thoughts, always much appreciated.