So, I was only able to a little work on Saturday, and a little Sunday. Finished the base today. I am really jazzed with how he came out. Especially the decals. I always worry with them, but I followed all the rules and they came out pretty good. The matte finishing was a real trial too. I started by spraying some Valejo matte finish through the airbrush, but it frosted really badly on some pieces, on other is was fine? How odd! I was able to take it outside on Sunday and shoot a coat of GW's Purity Seal on it, and it toned down the frosting a lot.
For the decals, I finally did it the right way from start to finish. I put gloss varnish on the pieces first and let it dry. I used Micro-Set to ready the area and then cut and dipped the decal. Nudged them into position with the brush and then blotted up the excess. For the curved areas, I followed that up with a coating of Micro-Sol to get them to soften up and hug the contours of the model.
So, all in all, this is a great model. It was fun to build, a blast to paint and the options are fantastic. The pose options are great, and the instructions are very clear on how to put all the fiddly-bits together. I hope you all like it. Bring on the D!!!
On with the in-process pictures;
After the jump, pictures from every angle!!!